Friday 20 June 2014

HUSBANDS FOR SALE CONTINUED




                                                           THE BIRTHDAY GIFT

THE BIRTHDAY GIFT 1

A day to my birthday, I arrived back from work and my gardener presented me with a white envelope. It contained what looked like a card. Taking it inside the house I dropped it at the table. I soon forgot everything about it.
After a shower and dinner I went straight to bed but I could not sleep. By this time the year before, I threw a lavish birthday party but this year I wanted to be alone. What was the need celebrating anyway? I asked myself. Then I remembered the envelope on the table. I reached for it and opened it, I was surprised at what I saw.

THE BIRTHDAY GIFT 2

It was a birthday card. It contained my picture in a very simple but artistic design. I was touched because nobody have ever given such a gift before. It was very beautiful.


THE BIRTHDAY GIFT 3

At the back of the card was a simple hand written message neatly and beautifully written: Happy birthday to a grand lady as beautiful as the morning sun and smiles like the silvery moon that lightens our path at night. JAMES.
Who could this james be? I asked myself. I knew only two James’. One left the country two years ago and the only other one I knew was my gardener. I waited till the next day to inquire of him who the James that sent the card was.
CONTINUES

No comments:

Post a Comment